Welcome to Connemara Terriers
QUICK LINK TO: JACK RUSSELL TERRIER PUPPIES
Most people will spend more time and effort researching a new car they will probably only have for 4 years - Than researching breeders for a puppy they will have for 14 or more years. Pause for a minute and think a bit more about where your new puppy will come from. Scour websites, talk to and visit several breeders. Then make an informed decision. We hope you will find the information within our site helpful.
Why people select a Connemara:
◦ We health test our terriers. This eliminates many potential health concerns and disease. We stack the cards in your favor… so you are not in-and-out of the vets office with one health issue after another. You can rest assured that your pup has been given the best chance for a long and happy life with his/her new family. Read more here… DNA Health Profiling
◦ Polished Puppy Program. If you want a dog who doesn't snark, growl, (or worse) at strangers; wouldn't think of being possessive around his/her food bowl; doesn't react by barking at every sound he/she hears, and doesn't respond poorly to body handling, our Polished Puppy Program is one of the great benefits we offer. Environmental and social experiences make lasting impressions on a developing puppy. Important stages in a puppies development begins at birth and peaks at eight weeks. These early experiences will shape your Jack Russell Terrier pup and the life you share with it, for the rest of its life. Select a pup from a breeder that doesn't understand this and your puppy will be playing "catch up" for the rest of its life. Select a pup from Connemara and know your pup has been socialized by an educated, professional trainer. Read more here… Polished Puppy Program
◦ Live Puppy Camera. Imagine being able to see your pup shortly after birth. Watch while mum cares for each one and later have fun watching pups play with littermates, enjoy their first meal together and more. Imagine the peace of mind you'll have knowing you can always check in on your pup and know that they are warm, safe and lovingly cared for by their mum and breeder. Find out more here… 24/7 webcam
◦ Private litter page with notes and photos. Professional photos of the litter and individual pups from birth to their last week with us. Once you select your Connemara, you can download and/or order their photos through a photo service we use. Most breeders don't offer professional, framable photos like we do. See past photo albums here… Past Litters
◦ Our "add on" Boarding School Packages for pups 8-14 weeks of age - provided by a professional trainer. We will deliver results and make you the envy of other puppy owners. Everything you need for your puppy to grow up into a well-behaved, easy-going dog. Behavioral issues can be frustrating and even dangerous. If you choose, we will spend 3-6 extra weeks giving your new puppy a great foundation in life: House-training to pee pad, litter box and/or outside (yes, the potty mistakes happen at our house, not yours!) basic manners, handling, socialization and introductions to environmental stressors such as people, other dogs, places, sights, and sounds so that you'll have a calm dog rather than one who barks and lunges at everything in its environment. Good chew habits will be practiced (bones are for chewing, the new coffee table is not.) Loose-leash walking, beginner’s recall (in order to avoid dangerous situations, we need our pup to come when called), crate training, Puppy play biting (play or not, it hurts!) and mannerly greeting of guests are also addressed during this time. Read more here… À la carte Training
◦ Lifetime of free support. You will be able to e-mail us or pick-up the phone anytime to ask for advise or help. From diet questions, vaccine concerns, force-free training ideas provided by a professional trainer and ongoing encouragement. If you have a concern - We will make ourselves available for any issue you may need help or guidance with during the lifetime of your Connemara.
◦ Referrals. Roughly half of our Connemara families found us through a relative, friend or neighbor. Some simply saw one of our pups in public and were impressed with what they witnessed in regard to temperament and general superior condition. People have enjoyed their first Connemara so much, we often see them back for another, or they insist their friends have a Connemara too. Our best compliments come from no one here, but from repeat families.
◦ Not only are we breeders but we're also professional trainers (which is VERY rare in our field.) Why is this important? With our training knowledge and ongoing education, we understand the importance of socialization and how it not only impacts the dog for the rest of her/his life but the owners as well. The pup is the parent to the adult dog. Socialize a pup poorly and the adult and his/her family pay the price. Socialize a pup well and you've got the best chance for your dog to be a wonderful family member. You will notice how well your pup is socialized as soon as your Connemara pup arrives.
◦ The Connemara is steeped in Irish history. The Connemara Jack Russell Terrier has history tracing back over a century. It was originally bred by a small handful of dedicated terriermen and only shared amongst family and friends. This line has been carefully bred to maintain their manageable and agreeable temperaments and superior health. This line is well known for being fantastic pets who will get on well with small children, other dogs and cats. Read more here… Connemara DNA Breed Results
◦ We then back all of this up with a 3-5 year comprehensive health and temperament guarantee. We will alwayswork with you if there is an issue. In addition, we will always be here to take your pup or dog back in the event you are no longer able to care for it. Have the peace of mind knowing that your dog will never see the inside of a shelter or rescue. We will be here to re-home the dog in the event this is necessary. Read more here… Guarantee Details
Social Puppies Make for Well-balanced Adults! Properly socialized puppies:
* are comfortable in their crate - when owners are home as well as when not
* learn good house training habits
* learn bite inhibition - respecting human hands and skin (nipping or mouthing)
* come when called
* are tolerant of body handling (nail trims, cleaning ears, kids, grabbing fur, taking things out of mouth, giving medications, bathing, brushing/grooming, etc)
* comfortable and under control in new or uncomfortable places such as the vets, groomer or other people's homes
* comfortable when separated from other dogs, pets or people in their family - able to stay alone without destruction, barking or nervousness (separation anxiety)
* play, chew or relax without constant contact or interaction from owner
* tolerant of and sociable with other dogs
* not be protective of food, bowl, crate, toys or bed
* greet friends and strangers without jumping or shying away
* less fearful, nervous, or uncomfortable by environmental sounds or stimuli
* comfortable with different surfaces under foot as well as stairs
As your breeder, we will be an ongoing resource for you both now and in the future, so it is important from the start that we develop a good relationship and are able to work together and trust one another. If interested in a Connemara puppy, Please browse and enjoy our website then contact us via e-mail or phone. email@example.com
or (207) 221-0267
YOU MAY BE WONDERING: WHY ALL THE DIFFERENT NAMES AND TERMS FOR THE JACK RUSSELL TERRIER?
The shortest explanation is that the Jack Russell was never actually considered a breed until the last decade. There have been many different names used to differentiate between the taller version usually ranging from (12-16") and the shorter version (typically 9"-12"). The shorter Jack Russell Terriers are known by many names like: Shorty Jack Russells, Short legged Jack Russells, Shorties, English Jack Russell Terriers, Russell Terriers, Irish Jack Russell Terriers, Miniature Jack Russell and of course, simply Jack Russell Terriers. While there are some differences in the Jack Russell Terrier world, what matters most, is not what type/size/style of Jack Russell you are considering - But rather the health and genetics behind the line and the breeder and socialization program the breeder practices.
Puppies For Sale | Also known as English Russells or Irish Jacks | Shorties or Shorty Jacks
Stephanie can be reached at; (207) 939-9404
Sheila can be reached at; (207) 221-0267